Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do I have to do to get my food handler card?
A: The process is simple! Just create an account at, study the manual, (if required in your state, you must complete the course first), pass the test and print your food handler card.

Q: I have an invite code from my company. What do I do?
A: To redeem your voucher, click the link in the invite email sent from your employer. You can create an account or log into an existing one to start your training.

Q: I need to get a replacement card. What do I need to do?
A: It's easy. First, log into your account at On your course dashboard, click the Download Proof of Completion button.

Q: Do I have to pay for reprints of my food handler card?
A: No! Reprints are always FREE while your food handler card is valid.

Q: How will I know when my card is expiring?
A: We keep track of this for you! As long as you keep your email address up-to-date so that we can reach you, we'll send you reminders starting 3 months in advance.

Q: May someone else pay for my card?
A: Yes, someone else may make payment.

Q: May I pay the fee for more than one person with my credit card?
A: Yes, you may pay for as many people as you want with one credit card.

Q: I work for a government agency wishing to make payments for multiple clients. How do I do this?
A: Please visit our Business Accounts page to learn more.

Q: Will you mail my card to me?
A: You will be able to download and print your card from your course dashboard. If you would like a physical certificate, you can purchase one for an additional fee. Simply select the Mail My Certificate option after course completion.

Q: How do I make a suggestion or complaint, or make an appeal to eFoodcard?
A: You can make a suggestion, complaint or appeal by contacting Customer Support.

Q: Does the eFoodcard food handler card meet state cottage food law requirements for food handler training?
A: In some states, your food handler card will meet state cottage food law food handler training requirements. Find out if our card meets your state cottage food law requirements.

See state-specific Frequently Asked Questions for more information: