Additional Fees — May No Longer Be Required

In most areas in Texas, food handlers are no longer required to register their card or pay extra fees if they receive a food handler card from (Food Safety Educators).

Check with your local health department to confirm.

With the approval of S.B. 582 on May 26, 2015, the Legislature of the State of Texas required each health jurisdiction in Texas to accept a certificate of completion from a food handler course with an ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) accreditation.

Most local health jurisdictions no longer collect transfer or registration fees for food handler training certificates issued by, an ANAB-accredited food handler training course.*

eFoodcard food handler training credentials:

After you take the course, pass the test, pay for and print your food handler card on, you have completed all Texas food handler requirements.

See the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Licensing of Food Handler Training Programs for more information.

*Visit your local health department website to see if your jurisdiction requires an additional fee.